Space Apps Brisbane, QLD was held on October 19th, 20th & 21st. Thank you to the 202 people who joined the International Space Apps Challenge at this location. The local results, including the work of 3 teams, can be found below!
Thanks Brisbane, QLD!
Local People's Choice Winner
The people have spoken! This is the project that captured our hearts.
We wish our global nominees the best of luck!
NASA empowers people from all professional specialisations to apply multidisciplinary skills and knowledge to grand challenges, by inviting them to take initiative, think boldly, and act globally. The NASA Brisbane International will be hosted at The Precinct this year!
The NASA Open Innovation Initiative cultivates a fertile environment for seeds of innovation to germinate, take root, and flourish to benefit society as successful products and solutions.
In a world-wide collaboration, local delegates correspond with international teams during the weekend-long event. In 2017, the global event took place in 187 locations, with 25,140 participants working on innovative projects. The international competition attracts talent from a multiplicity of disciplines, including science, engineering, technology, mathematics, health, law, business, education and creative industries.
- RiverCity Labs is providing the venue for the event.
- Neustar is offering Space Apps participants a free, one-year registration of a domain name and website builder using .CO domains.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) will be offering $100 in free promotional credits to each Space Apps participant.
- Google will be offering $300 in cloud credits for each Space Apps participant and $3,000 in credits to startup teams.
- Sinergise is offering Space Apps events the use of Sentinel Hub services for the processing and distribution of Earth observation data. Specifically, they are offering participants a 30-day, full feature trial at http://www.sentinel-hub.com/create_account. In addition, they are offering a free, one-year account to local winners who use Sentinel Hub in their projects at local events.
It is with great privilege that we proffer to partner with companies to host the inaugural NASA Brisbane International Open Innovation Initiative. This partnership would be highly invaluable to NASA, companies and delegates alike, as it would enable:
- Innovative ideas to be incubated and accelerated.
- The weekend event to feature distinguished speakers, mentors, and judges.
- The facilitation of interactive workshops and demonstrations.
- The innovation lifecycle of projects to extend beyond the weekend event.
Schedule (All times Australia/Brisbane)
Saturday, October 20th
Day 1 Finished
Sunday, October 21st
Day 2, Doors Open
Day 2, Work End