Our solution consists of an android application, a backend built in Node.js , a realtime database for quickly managing information (firebase) and a dashboard built using vue.js. The links to the github repositories are given , their README files contain more information such as images, implemented features etc.
Link to Android Source Code : https://github.com/NanduKMG/Spot-That-Fire-Android
Link to Node,js Backend Code : https://github.com/amrithm98/Spot-That-Fire-Backen...
Link to Vue.js Dashboard : https://github.com/user9747/Spot-The-Fire-Dash.git
Our applications follows the following pipeline :
- User signs up to the application using mobile number and OTP verification.
- Users data including geolocation information are stored hierarchically in a realtime database to support location based querying.
- The user has an option to "REPORT FIRE" where he'll be allowed to choose the location where the wildfire occured, provisions to upload audio/video/image and text data containing essential informations.
- User can also report for another person in trouble.
- Post reporting, user is shown the list of nearest relief camps in a map and he can choose to contact / navigate to one of it.
- User can contribute as chartity to the relief camps and the app will display the requirements at the relief camp.
- We show a firemap which contains the locations which has an open wildfire status reported fromt the EONET API and from verified crowdsourcing information.
- We have a dashboard which is a single page application built in vue.js which supports querying and verifying data. The dashboard is given to authorized personnels only who can support in rescue operations.
- We are giving air quality information and remarks to the user when he opens the app so that he can take the precautionary measures.
- Users who sign up to the application are automatically subscibed to a locality and will receive push notifications in the application when there is a wildfire information in a surrounding region.
- Admins can add verified wild fire information and relief camps through the dashboard.
Currently Working On :
- Machine learning for video and image analysis to verify wildfire.
- Helping people who are offline and supporting people through SMS with another application.
- Extending this application to use for any other disaster management.