The aim of Dr. H is to build up a integrated platform which could helps the people have a more comprehensive understanding on what to prepare before the disaster comes or what the appropriate ways are to get recovered from the disaster.
3 key features have been built within 2-day NASA Challenge 2018.
1. Customised item list function : A customised list with recommendation of missing items (based on statistical methodology) is developed. The main objective of this function is to provide a more realistic to-be-prepared item list before the disaster hits considering the users family profile (e.g. how many people are in their family) as well as the location information (e.g. whereabout is the user) - which could literally help the user to get well prepared mitigating the risk in advance.
2. Social disaster report function: In our platform, a social sharing / report function is built for the purpose of real-time disaster status sharing. The main issue we would like to cater here is the information gaps among different areas and the best way we consider is to enable a social sharing platform through google map. Location-based comments in regard to the current disaster would then be shared through the power of the community.
3. The shortest route to shelter function: a planning function for finding out the shortest route to the nearest shelter is built - which is expected to help the users find out the best way to reach the shelter and decrease the possibility to have themselves being in danger due to the lack of knowledge about the shelter's whereabout.
A few resources are used in this project.
1. R programming for web crawler
2. Mongo database for data storage
3. Docker for micro service
4. Note.js for backending server
5. IOS Application
6. Google Map API
Reference for data resources:
1. Realtime and historical information for cyclone:
2. Taipei Disaster Info:
3. NASA earth data: https://earthdata.nasa.gov/
SpaceApps is a NASA incubator innovation program.