DAMAGE DETECTORS has received the following awards and nominations. Way to go!
In 2003 Colombia crew was lost during landing due to damage on the left wing. If there existed a surface scanning technology to indicate and visualize the extent of damage, a different plan for landing could have been applied.
* Teammates from different backgrounds (Aerospace, Medical, Mechanical, and Computer)
* NASA Website
* On site electrical engineers
NASA’s New Shape-Shifting Radiator Inspired by Origami
* Ersoy, S. (n.d.). Animated Mechanisms. Retrieved from http://www.mekanizmalar.com/
* Applying the vertical motion of the ring around the space ship using electromagnetic field.
* Validating the technology and mechanics
* Applying the shrinking motion of the the ring to accommodate it in it's designated space in the spacecraft (using circular linkage technique)
SpaceApps is a NASA incubator innovation program.